The Commodity Lead Buyer is the second escalation level in case of blocking point with a Supplier.
The Commodity Lead Buyer is able to perform all the tasks defined in the Buyer’s job description and may directly act as a Buyer for some commodities.
The Commodity Lead Buyer identifies, alerts and puts in place actions to reduce the operational risks within his/her area of responsibility and applies escalation process when necessary.
The Commodity Lead Buyer builds strategies on commodities assigned, including a cost structure analysis by technology.
For direct, the Commodity Lead Buyer:
- Deals with the Suppliers data panel management when blocking point is raised by the Buyer
- Negotiates and implements contracts when there is a major change on the standard document
- Ensures market benchmark (raw material follow-up, new comers, innovation, Business intelligence)
- Conducts the first business with a new supplier
- Deploy master agreement making sure they are aligned vs AKWEL sales and market evolutions
- Validates that all the documents are in place for the creation of a new LPA
- Ensures a regular follow-up of the supplier performance with the corresponding buyer making sure the action plan is robust enough and is progressing at the correct speed
- Manages QCDP complex situations and roadblocks raised by the Buyer / RPD
- Brings support to Buyers for annual negotiations or take the lead on RPD instructions
Must apply all quality procedures and operating instructions within the framework of operations linked to his job and the rules defined by the Group. Agrees to act in accordance with the ethical rules of the Group.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Level reinforced by 5/10 years minimum Purchasing experience in the manufacturing sector on the Commodities he will have to manage, preferably in metal.
- Listening, Enthusiasm, Team spirit, Perseverance, Networking, Decision making, Communication
- Multi task abilities & capacity to prioritize
- Project management
- Abilities to organize and coordinate meetings
- Knowledge in finance & cash management
- English Fluent, other language used in the perimeter of activity is a plus
- Good IT skills: Office, SAP
- Able to travel in foreign countries
- Results-oriented, with QCDP mindset
- Purchasing process knowledge:
- Supply base management
- Management of RFQ processes & sourcing
- Contracts management (negotiation, legal,…)
- Project management
|Department :||Purchasing Department|
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org or HR department.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into account.