Main responsibilities and duties :
Coordinates facilities projects, both renovation and new construction from the initiation stage through planning, design, construction, and implementation with internal department and all involved agencies/contractors:
- Interviews proponent dept./plant users to collect information for designing their renovation plan, accounting for all required services and construction.
- Develops conceptual plans, budgets and timelines for facilities projects to support fiscal decision-making ; providing cost estimates for manpower, materials, and equipment for renovation designs.
- Prepares requests for proposal and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate hiring architectural and construction management services.
- Coordinates/Schedules all parties involved in the planning, design, and construction process.
- Coordinates renovations and/or equipment installations between the proponent user and all appropriate service groups and outside agencies, ensuring procedures and materials comply with specifications; observes work in progress to gauge timeliness, conformance with requirements, and acceptable workmanship and adherence to budget
- Monitors and reports to management and affected department all phases of planning and construction to maintain agreed upon project budget and timelines
- Attends pre-construction conferences and reviews contract bidding documents.
- Reviews contract plans and specifications for conformance to project requirements.
- Obtains approvals and submits all paperwork / permitting to appropriate agencies where required for renovation designs/equipment installation
- Coordinates maintenance and service issues with Maintenance where required.
- Receives pay requests from professional consultants and contractors and approves for payment.
- Monitors and facilitates resolution of construction contract disputes and claims.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, or Structural Engineering or related field AND three years of construction/industrial equipment installation experience; OR, 5-7 years of progressively responsible construction and/or industrial equipment installation experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Previous facilities planning and construction management experience in an industrial / plant environment
- Deep Knowledge of Industrial Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic Systems as well as Construction Standards
- Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice as well as MIOSHA Industrial Equipment Safety Requirements
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and comparing them with construction/installation in progress.
- High level of success in estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and driving projects to completion on time, within budget.
- Skill with using computers, including Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint as well as Computer Aided Design
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please Ctrl – click the following link to be forwarded to our on-line application and assessment center:
Or Copy and Paste the following link into your browser: