Main responsibilities and duties :
Health, Safety, Environ & Energy Engineer is responsible for providing counsel to the staff concerned. She/he is also entrusted with the implementation of Michigan Occupational Health and Safety regulations aiming at preventing Health, Safety, Environmental and Energetic risks. They are also responsible for assessing and monitoring the regulatory compliance of the site as regards to occupational health, safety environment and energy. Performs the impact analysis on safety and environment regulatory developments in the assigned plant;
Assists and provides advice and guidance to the Plant General Manager in matters relevant to preventive actions, as well as all safety ,environment and energetic issues;
- Helps to conduct the risk assessment analyses relevant to Quality and with specific focus on Occupational health, safety, environment and energy (OHS risk assessment: individual risk assessment document/form);
- Is entrusted with enforcing regulatory requirements, as well as other requirements of customers, insures, etc. keeping view the environment, energy policies and occupational health and safety regulations applicable to the site;
- In conjunction with the departments concerned, implements preventive action related to environmental, occupational safety and health, and energy matters;
- Coordinates and/or performs training programs and awareness initiatives to promote Health, Safety, Environment and Energy good practices;
- Ensures (with the Plant General Manager support) the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions to address Health, Safety, Environment and Energy occupational health, safety, environment and energy non conformities (excluding SMQSE2audit) or dysfunctions;
- Collects and analyzes the crucial Health, Safety, Environment and Energy data and reports
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial Safety and Health preferred; Minimum of a High School Diploma with at least 2 years of Higher Education or certification in a technical discipline or HSE2 specialization, with one-three years experience in this field.
- Autonomy, organizational abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Synthetic and analytical thinking, Integrity, rigour & tenacity.
- Oral and written competencies. Ability to communicate succinctly the quality standpoint.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, PDM, portal).
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of additional languages as French, German, Chinese, or Spanish a plus!
- Deep Knowledge of MIOSHA Standards, Michigan Storm Water, Air Permitting . Familiarity with IATF 16949, ISO 45 001 Safety Standards, ISO 50 001 Standard, helpful.
|Starting date:||August 1, 2021|
|Salary:||$67,500.00 – $78,000.00 (commence with experience and education)|