MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Whether operating in proximity of customers FORD OTOSAN or within their facilities (Sancaktepe Engineering Center), he/she is responsible for the conceptual design of products based on AKWEL’s design standards, established specifications and requirements in compliance with Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives.
- Liaise between the Customer and the product line or development center unit throughout the design phase,
- Translate Customers’ expectations and in this respect, may have to work on Innovation / Advanced Research issues,
- May have to play the role of Project Leader for certain simple product projects,
- Participates in the design of the product with the customer (Builder environment, quotation, digital definitions, terms, nomenclature, …) in accordance with the standards and objectives AKWEL,
- Reports periodically to his hierarchy,
- May have to attend technical meetings and project reviews; and take an active part in design plan reviews,
- May have to travel to customer sites and AKWEL facilities,
- Responsible for implementing the overall procedures and operating instructions relevant to QSE² within the assigned area of responsibility and in compliance with the rules defined by the Group.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree (MSc / PhD preferred) or similar in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering,
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in automotive industry (Product Development experience is preferred)
- Pro-active approach, ability to put forward sound proposals, ability to create in simplicity, rigor, communication skills, strong sense of confidentiality, 3D craftsmanship and visualization skills,
- Command of office automation systems and MS Office (Word, Excel…),
- Command of English is required,
- Residing in Anatolian side of Istanbul or Kocaeli.
- Perfect command of CAD tools, ISO design & drawing standards (GD&T), PDM, AKWEL collaborative Portal (to be acquired),
- Good knowledge of plastics engineering and/or metallurgy, in particular the rules of design and layout drawing, depending on the scope of application,
- Proficiency in Projects’ management,
- Command of Functional Analysis, product FMECA analysis.