Main responsibilities and DUTIES:
- Ensure the right products are delivered to the right location, on-time, to the quantity required and in the most cost efficient way, from supplier, through production to end customer.
- Manage site-based Logistics teams, including procurement scheduler, production planners, customer service team, inventory and warehouse/shipping activities.
- Manages the transportation of goods and related costs, minimizing premium freight
- Ensure that the companies ERP system, is used in accordance with the defined procedures and maintain data integrity of material movements.
- Participate as and when required in group lead improvement initiatives and working groups.
- Responsible for leading the SIOP (sales, inventory and operational planning) process to plan labor needs
- Must implement a system of continuous improvement linked to strategic goals defined by his managers (adequacy of inventory levels, material flow rationalization…), including removing waste or unnecessary steps in the Logistics process.
- Participates in plant QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control) meetins
- Analyze, review, and interpret trends from logistics related data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid in customer service and cost improvements.
- Drive the deployment of lean manufacturing techniques, lead logistics related VSM activities, implementation of visual management systems and the creation and maintenance of Kanban loops.
- Monitor and manage logistics related indicators reported in customer portals. Resolve and prevent logistics incidents reported by customers
- Develop customer/supplier relationships
- Draw up the budget and ensure it is followed and observed.
- Ensure the accuracy of the plant inventory & safety stock, limiting the risk of material obsolescence.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management strengthened by at least 5 years of managerial oversight of both people and processes in a similar logistics function,
- Effective communicator, leadership and management skills
- Good understanding of Customer/Supplier relations.
- Highly motivated, willingness to help, organized, flexibility, availability, analytical mind.
- Highly computer literate.
- English speaking.
- Demonstrates command of flow management:
- (FIFO, MRP, Kanban and other production planning and control techniques…).
- Automotive environment, including MMOG
- Knowledge of IT management tools (e.g.: SAP and Expert Excel knowledge required).
- Good financial awareness.
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please click the following link to be forwarded to our on-line application and assessment center:
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.