Main responsibilities and duties :
The Maintenance Technician performs all the operations required to maintain the operational readiness and reliability of the equipment. He/she is working closely with the maintenance, production, environmental and engineering units :
Utilities Control Process
- Must conduct maintenance works (preventative and corrective), in line with the schedule and processes defined by the command line, respecting safety rules and working conditions ;
- Ensure the provided equipment to the Production is well-maintained and available for activity ;
- Enters information on repairs conducted in the computer system and updates machine files ;
- Put forward suggestive improvement proposals to resources in order to optimise : safety conditions, quality and production costs ;
- She/ he is authorised to halt machinery in case of potential risk for the safety of people, equipment or environment ;
- Depending on the organisation, she/he may have to be qualified in electrical engineering and/ or have a qualification for lifting equipment operation ;
- Agrees to maintain secrecy and confidentiality with respect to any systems and data accessed during the normal exercise of his/ her activities.
Product Design/ Industrialisation Process
- May be involved in the acceptance phase of new equipment or take part in development.
Internal and/ or External Relations
- Internally liases primarily with the Maintenance and Production department, as well as with departments relating to the Environment or Group technical issues.
- Externally liaises with Suppliers and Certification/ Control organisations.
He/she must apply all QSE2 procedures and operating instructions within the framework of operations relevant to Quality, Safety and Environment within the scope of his/ her duties and in compliance with the rules defined by the Group.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in a technical subject in the specialty with experience in an industrial/ manufacturing setting.
- PLC understanding and fault finding (this point is essential) – Siemens, Proface and Schneider Electric are the main software experience that we are looking for.
- Previous experience in Automotive or Production environment.
- Rigor, responsiveness, autonomy, pro-active approach, availability, good communication skills, willingness to learn new skills, service culture, good analytical thinking and problem diagnosis abilities;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proficiency in technical English is desirable;
- Technical knowledge;
- Perfect command of techniques used in his/her scope of activity;
- Good awareness of occupational safety and environment regulations.
|Localisation:||(Birmingham, United Kingdom)|
|Contract type:||Permanent, full time, night shift|
|Working Hours:||Weeks 1-3 : 17.50 to 06.00hrs Monday to Wednesday night/ Thursday morning
Week 4 : 17.50 to 06.00hrs Monday to Thursday night/ Friday morning