Technical product reference of the Product Line, the Product Development Manager assists the Sales teams in the development of new business from advance phase until project Kick Off. He/she helps to create the good communication between Customer, Sales, the Product Line, Costing and AKWEL plants.
- Under Sales teams’ coordination, develops new business opportunities through existing or new customers (technical promotion of the AKWEL products lines).
- Serves as a key customer contact for new business and new product development activities including (but not limited to) material validation, product design, process definition, timing.
- Participates to product strategy for growing businesses and international projects.
- Assists Product Line Director / Manager in strategic growth of the product line.
- Realizes technical competition analysis / benchmarking.
- Supports the creation, maintenance and improvement of the Design Guidelines of new products.
- Can be involved in cost reduction activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
High School + 4-years higher degree of Science or Master degree in Engineering Business Management (Business Engineer) with an initial experience in the development of plastic structural parts or door handles, as well as a minimum of 8-years experience in Management Engineering at an automotive equipment manufacturer.
- Experience with automotive systems, products, and programs ;
- Good knowledge in Business Management and Marketing knowledge ;
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles (cost accounting) ;
- Command of office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project) ;
- Good command of English language to business standard
- Good level of written and oral expression.
- High technical knowledge of the materials, product and processes of the Group he/she has to deal with ;
- Able to read and interpret Technical Drawing, functional analysis.