Main responsibilities and DUTIES:
Project Quality Engineer is the Customer representative within the Project team, and therefore ensures the respect of the customer’s requirements, from the preliminary planning stage until the end of the project.
- Ensures the deployment of customers and MGIC requirements
- Defines the Quality Plan with the Project Manager
- Fulfills all the tasks defined for a PQE in the quality plan. Example : qualifying audits, PPAP file collecting …
- Takes part in the Project reviews and ensures that their final statement is consistent with the project status.
- Participates to the Project Steering Committee ( CPP )
- Has the duty to alert his manager and DQSE² coordinator when major risks are detected
- Ensures the deployment and implementation of Quality tools and MGIC QSE² throughout the project
- Coordinates the problem solving (internal or customer claims) with Product / Process impact using the appropriate tools and measures.
- Works in close collaboration with mass production Quality and assists them in case of problems related to products / processes escalated to the product line.
Qualifications and Experience:
Superior technical education and/or Quality training (either at University or in a technical school), strengthened by 3 years of experience preferably, in the automotive industry.
- Autonomy, organizational abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Synthetic and analytical thinking, Integrity, rigour & tenacity.
- Oral and written competencies. Ability to communicate succinctly the quality standpoint.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, PDM, portal).
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of additional languages as French, German, Chinese, or Spanish a plus!Technical knowledge:
- Ability to analyse and to understand all the technical decisions made by the project team.
- Deep knowledge of core automotive Quality tools such as: Functional analysis, FMEA, Factor tree analysis (FTA), Statistical process control (SPC), Measurement system analysis (MSA), Problem-solving approaches, 8D and QRQC procedures.
- Knowledge of 6 sigma approach.
- Deep knowledge of Project development steps, Advanced product quality planning (APQP) and Production part approval process (PPAP). => QSE² skill matrix
- Knowledge of automotive customer specific requirements affecting the product line.
- Knowledge of Quality management standards (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, ISO 14001).