MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Working to support all major automotive OEMs for cost and weight reduction ideas for existing combustion engines, through to developing new ideas for the increasing technology challenges associated with electric and hybrid vehicles.
The position will entail the development of new and innovative ideas from initial concept to a production ready product, with a focus on securing patents for these ideas. This will involve working with customers, suppliers and internal production facilities around the world.
Qualifications and Experience:
• HND/Degree in Technical science or Engineering strengthened by a minimum of 2 years experience in the industry field.
• Rigor, analytical and synthetic thinking, communication skills, ability to work in a team, inquisitive mind, autonomy, proactive approach, creative spirit, drive for economic aspects, sense of dependability and manufacturing requirements.
• Command of office automation systems and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…).
• Expertise in plastic materials, chemistry basis associated performance, ideally with a focus on extrusion and forming of tubes and physical measurements systems (fluid flow, pressure loss).
• Command of specific approaches and tools: Functional analysis, FMEA, Reliability, R&R
• Knowledge of automotive industry
• Awareness of computer simulation (finite element modelling…)