The Test Development Engineer defines and performs investigation tests required for a product and/or system development. He/She carries out the validation of products and/or systems in compliance with Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives.
Product Design & Industrialization Process
Measuring Control Process
- Defines, suggests and validates experiments and instruments deemed as necessary for understanding our products’ functioning (in laboratory, on vehicle, by correlation).
- Defines, suggests and validates tests enabling to meet the addressed issue while respecting the enforced standards and specifications.
- Formalizes the testing protocols.
- Defines the used measuring equipment and the means required for the proper organization of tests.
- If required, puts into practice the specific testing tools which are to be created for its requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets the results and sums up the conclusions. In the event of non-conformity or a performance lower than the expected, he/she supervises the actions necessary to the investigation of causes (reviewing the testing method, launching additional tests, disassembly if reversible for metrological analysis…) and suggests products improvements addressing the requirements.
- Submits and ensures a regular reporting to his/her management.
- On the basis of expert testimony, may be required to move to the customer or a supplier’s premises.
- Is able to ensure all the assignments entrusted to a Validation Technician.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Chemical or Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, strengthened by min. 3 years of experience in the field of testing in industrial laboratory and testing / measuring.
- Team work skills, rigor, critical and analytical skills,
- Ability to record in writing testing methods,
- Synthetic thinking skills,
- Command of English is appreciated.
- Command of physical measures and testing tools ;
- Knowledge of tools pertaining to the Products Line. Example:
- Software: LabView, Matlab, Embarcadero de Delphi, CANoé, SVN, etc.
- Hardware: power supplies, oscilloscopes, various probes/sensors, National modules* Instruments
- Command of computer tools: PDM, Portal, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…