Main responsibilities and DUTIES:
- Coordinates his team with a view to satisfying customers in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD),
- Optimizes the use of tooling and production resources in relation with the departments concerned,
- Optimizes the consumption rate of raw materials and the efficiency of implementation,
- Tracks and manages QCD performance measurement indicators for his scope of activity (management charts and performance tracking of production lines),
- Takes part in quality events by implementing the inspection measures necessary and by implementing appropriate problem solving methods (management of APU QRQC and use of 8D if necessary),
- Ensures the application of the identification and traceability measures during manufacturing,
- Makes sure that production data are archived,
- Coordinates APU QRQC daily quality meetings and related Kaizen initiatives for the APU, as well as taking part in QRQC for the plant,
- Manages quality walls when necessary, within the scope of his activity,
- Manages internal 8D for his scope of activity,
- Takes part in Human Resources management for his scope of activity (identifying training needs, assessment, recruitment, managing employee leave, etc.),
- Oversees the availability and reliability of the equipment at his disposal, supervises the preventive maintenance plan and coordinates any necessary repairs, calls on plant maintenance if the APU does not have a maintenance team or if specific expertise is required,
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree, backed up by extensive production experience in automotive industry.
- Significant managerial capacities, good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, leadership skills, ability to come up with ideas, to take the initiative and to cope with the unexpected, analytical skills, ability to see the whole picture, and to mobilise the necessary skills according to the technologies used.
- Proficient in desktop applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proficiency in Lean and PRP (Production Resource Planning) concepts.
- Proficiency in management tools (SAP) an advantage.
- Proficiency in Quality tools.
- Practice in the techniques and implementation of equipment used.