Main responsibilities and duties
You report to the Purchasing Director. You will be responsible for the portfolio, (rubber and plastics raw materials) and play a key role in the MGI COUTIER/Avon Automotive Corporate Purchasing team.
In this framework, you will have to:
- In line with Company business strategic objectives, lead the negotiations to select, appoint and steer a supply base that progresses the Company’s objectives on quality, cost, delivery and innovation
- Monitor, manage and report on all influences to cost and performance, including economic, legislative, political and environmental factors, conducting regular benchmarking to ensure the maintenance of competitive dvantage
- Lead negotiations, maintain and develop relationships with all strategic suppliers contracts, ensuring all legally binding and auditable elements are accurately documented and retained, including periodic credit reviews (Non Disclosure Agreement’s, Supply Contracts, accreditation data, etc)
- Immediately respond to unforeseen supply failures (regardless of site and business area), working with supplier and site to deliver solutions to avoid manufacturing and customer line stops, mitigating any costs that can reasonably be avoided
- Monitor, manage and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with department requirements and rules
- Within your area of responsibility work in line with and apply the procedures and operating instructions on quality, environment and safety in respect of the group rules
Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering and experience minimum of 5 years senior buyer/purchasing manager experience in Automotive Tier 1 or similarly demanding environment Comprehensive understanding of rubber and plastics raw materials Capable of leading global negotiations for high value strategic supply contracts Ability to develop and understand legal contracts. Demonstrable understanding of the manufacturing processes, industry quality standards and lean manufacturing principles used within the automotive environment.
Good understanding of product cost construction and the ability to interpret supplier costing sheets Results driven, problem solver with proven ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion Team oriented and good communication skills are essential.
Flexibility to travel at short notice. Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage.