Main responsibilities and DUTIES:
The Design Engineer – while paying careful attention to risks – is responsible for conducting the design process and developing new products based on the standards, specifications and QCD objectives.
- Product Design Process
- Oversees and validates the Product design in compliance with the business rules,
- May manage one or several projects
- Manages the functional analysis and Product Failure mode analysis (FMEA),
- Ensures the application of standards,
- Formalizes the Design requirements to our suppliers,
- Presents internally and externally (customers) the adopted technical solutions,
- Responsible for ensuring the product design conformity with specifications and customers’ expectations,
- Contributes to maintain and develop the knowledge and expertise within the assigned area of responsibility,
- Takes an active role in technical meetings, project reviews,
- Manages planning and ensures the follow-up of existing products,
Qualifications and Experience:
- A-level (High School Diploma) + at least 4 years of higher education in technical science, plus 2 years of field-related experience.
- Rigor, autonomy, sense of initiative, creativity, interpersonal skills, respect for confidentiality, effective teamwork skills, 3D visualization skills,
- Ability to work in a team
- Solid project management skills
- Command of office automation systems and MS Office (Catia, Portail, PDM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint…),
- Command of the Spanish and English language is required, French language is a plus.
- Command of CAD tools, ISO design & drawing standards, tolerance chain analysis
- Deep understanding of plastics engineering and metallurgy, and in particular design rules and 2D drawings,
- Experience with Functional analysis and Product Failure mode analysis (FMEA).