MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Finance Controller has 2 main roles:
- A role of control over the reliability of site financial data and the transparency of the explanations given in relation to past, present or future financial data.
- A role to disseminate financial culture and the main Group management tools across each site.
Takes part in all aspects of financial control within the scope in order to:
- be responsible towards the Group, and for the scope, of the reliability of Management data and compliance with procedures,
- draw up the results for the scope according to the methodology, criteria and indicators defined by the Group,
- respond to the Region’s financial requests,
- provide the Plant General Manager with the analyses and comments to understand and potentially improve economic performance within their scope.
In collaboration with the Plant General Manager and under the functional responsibility of the Regional Controlling Manager, takes part in:
- monitoring productivity (gathering actions),
- gathering part of the data (financial data) of the financial performance ongoing improvement plan in order to achieve the targets set (relevance, simplicity and reliability of data; aiming for economic performance),
- drafting the results (P&L) for the scope and concise analyses: Flash, a monthly review with the Plant General Manager and Regional Industrial Management.
- updating the grid of price,
- calculating the Quality of Turnover and reconciling it with the P&L,
- alerting the Plant General Manager to shortfalls in relation to targets and deviations from procedures and the reality observed in the field (data reliability),
- drafting budgets and ensuring they are followed by Budgetary Control,
- monitoring the investment allocation.
- 3 years of further education (or equivalent) minimum in a subject such as Management, with considerable experience in the industrial sector.
- Rigorous, curious, well-organised, persistent, patience, capacity for analysis and synthesis, discretion, discipline and sense of responsibility towards the company;
- Good listening and interpersonal skills, capacity of analysis and synthesis and independence.
- Knowledge of desktop applications (Word, Excel, etc.),
- Fluency in English: ‘intermediate’ level at least.
- French speaker – desirable
- Payroll Involvement – desirable
- Knowledge of the basic rules of accounting,
- Knowledge of a management tool SAP is essential.
- Knowledge of Group tools and Financial Control methodology.
- Excel – Essential.