MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The maintenance technician performs all the operations required to maintain the operational availability and safety of the equipment. He/she is working closely with the maintenance, production, environmental and engineering units:
Utilities Control Process
- Must conduct maintenance works (preventative and corrective), according to the plans and ranges defined by her/his supervisors while complying with the occupational safety rules;
- Ensure the provided equipment to the Production is well-maintained;
- Report on accomplished activities in the relevant IT system and ensure that machine files are updated;
- Put forward improvement proposals relevant to equipment in order to optimize: occupational safety, quality and production costs;
- Abide by the Group’s procedures and operating instructions relevant to Quality, Safety and Environment within the scope of her/his duties and in compliance with the rules defined by the Group.
- On the internal level, she/he works essentially with the Maintenance and Production units, but also, with units connected to Environment, Engineering. On the external level, she/he is in contact with suppliers, certification and control bodies.
- She/he is authorized to halt machinery in case of potential risk for the safety of people, equipment or environment
- Depending on the organization, she/he may have to be qualified in electrical engineering and/or have a qualification for lifting equipment operation.
Product design / Industrialisation Process
- May be required to intervene in the reception of new equipment and contribute in the development phase.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Apprenticeship trained.
- NVQ/City and guilds in electrical and or mechanical maintenance.
- PLC understanding and fault finding (Essential this is main point) – Siemens, Proface, and Schneider Electric these are main software experience we are looking for.
- Previous experience in Automotive or Production environment
- Rigor, responsiveness, autonomy, pro-active approach, availability, good communication skills, willingness to learn new skills, service culture, good analytical thinking and problem diagnosis abilities;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proficiency in technical English desirable.
- Technical knowledge
- Perfect command of techniques used in his/her scope of activity
- Good awareness of occupational safety and environment regulations;
- Cherry picker driving license is desirable.
08:15am to 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:15am to 15.45pm on a Friday with 30 minutes for lunch. You will be required to cover shifts when needed.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Life Insurance (x2 basic annual salary for non-pension members and x3 annual salary pension members)
- Income Protection Scheme (for long-term incapaciation pays up to 50% of salary)
- Pension scheme, auto enrolment minimum to start with then increasing with service (3-5 years matching contribution 5%+5%, over 5 years 6%+6%)
- Health Cash Plans, voluntary contributions at discounted rates in exchange for money back for regular medical expenses
- Occupational Health Visits
- Free parking
- For parents with young families, we do allow (discretionary and by agreement with manager) a bit of flexibility on working hours. This is not contractual or guaranteed each case is decided individually