Main responsibilities and duties
The Commodity Lead Buyer at AKWEL is responsible for building-up and controlling his /her supplier base and optimizing the purchases of his /her portfolio in compliance with the rules and objectives of the Group (quality, cost, delivery, quantity).
- Consolidates the Group’s needs within his /her scope and anticipates their
- Analyses his /her markets and monitors new technologies and transmit the information to internal department (Sales, Design department, ..)
- Manages his /her supplier based on the defined Geographical zone (design, performance review, contractual aspects …)
- Conducts a wide sourcing, with cost structure analysis, by technology. He/She conducts the first business with a new supplier
- Anticipates low cost sources which can be used in development
- Negotiates with key account suppliers (participation of Regional Purchasing Director or Executive VP Purchasing if required), integration feedback from the whole SUP01 Process contributors
- Allocates Markets according to the proposal of the Project Buyers (previously validated by the Regional Purchasing Director)
- Provides reporting based on defined terms
- Guarantees best economic performance within area of competence coordinating Cost reduction action plan in link with Buyer as well as insure that all levers are used (technical, QCD workshop, ..)
- Brings support to the Buyer in dealing with QRSQC in case of roadblocks with his/her suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years minimum experience in purchasing high volume raw materials in the Automotive industry
- Engineering/technical background
- English language is required. Additional language is a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without corporate sponsorship
- Good listening skills, persuasive, relationship skills, interpersonal skills, analytical and concise, autonomous
- Ability to coordinate in a functional position
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Expertise in purchasing techniques (consultation, negotiation, business follow-up…).
- Good knowledge of current regulations.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the various specialities included in the “Purchasing Management” process (project, quality, logistics, accounting).
- Must have a general knowledge of different aspects of a business (management, manufacturing, etc…) in regards to supplier relations.