MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Supervisor is responsible for the proper operation of his production area during his shift, in terms of quality and quantity.
• Must constantly organize and optimize his area’s production in terms of Quality, Costs and Delivery and Volumes
• Must constantly organize and optimize his area’s production in terms of Quality, Costs and Delivery and Volumes;
• Depending on the production schedule, assigns Operators to workstations depending on their skills and versatility;
• Reports daily to Human resources payroll information such as absenteeism, late arrivals, special schedules.
• Reacts to quality events by putting in place the necessary containment measures and initiating the appropriate problem-solving methodology (usually 8D).
• Records all such events, and declares scrap using the relevant systems, as it materializes
• Reacts to machine breakdown by making sure competent maintenance technicians react in a timely manner (whether said technicians are part of his team or come from the Plant’s maintenance department) and by reassigning staff or re-arranging breaks if necessary.
• Makes sure all breakdowns are tracked on relevant documents/systems in order to analyze OEE properly
• Heads daily line QRQC meetings in order to address concerns encountered and to foster constant improvement in his team
• Responsible for the management / evaluation of employees under his responsibility and put forward proposals regarding career advancement (training, organization re-structuring, employee appraisals…);
• Ensures that new employees are trained and introduced to their workstation;
• Contribute in any improvement initiative connected to the overall increase of production equipment performance;
• Ensures workstations are tidy and clean;
Qualifications and Experience :
• High school diploma ( A-levels equivalent) plus 3 to 5 years of experience in Production or Manufacturing
Professional abilities :
• Supervisory skills, good communication skills, leadership, ability to put forward strong proposals
• Pro-active, ability to cope with unexpected situations, good analytical and synthetic thinking;
• Ability to mobilize adequate human resources for the technologies in use
Technical knowledge :
• Technical knowledge of procedures and implementation modes of the equipment in use
• Knowledge of statistical tools (capability, SPC, descriptive statistics…) and proficiency in IT tools such as SAP, for example, would be an asset