A subcontractor which has become an internationally recognised components manufacturer
- Creation of the company Coutier SA, a subcontractor specialising in the manufacture of plastic parts, by three Coutier brothers, André, Joseph and Roger.
1988 > 1990
- Transformation of Coutier SA, with takeover of company MGI: emergence of MGI Coutier, a components manufacturer specialising in plastics
1991 > 1994
- Beginning of global expansion – Spain, Turkey and China.
- Listed on the Stock Exchange (Paris – Eurolist).
1994 > 1998
- Continuation of global expansion (Tunisia, Argentina, Brazil) and strengthening of activity in France (acquisitions and internal growth).
- Integration of the SAP management tool for optimum running of the 12 French sites and 9 global subsidiaries.
- Roll-out in India and Iran.
- Doubling of manufacturing surface area in Turkey (with a new site) and in Brazil (by expanding).
- Development in Eastern Europe with the creation of a site in Romania.
Reinforcement of understanding of tools with takeover of the mould maker Deplanche and major external growth operation with the acquisition of the components manufacturer Avon Automotive in the US.
- Acquisition of the Swedish components manufacturer Autotube AB.
- The second Coutier generation arrives at the helm with the appointment of Mathieu Coutier as President of the Executive Board
- New organisation with the creation of departments dedicated to product lines and industrial departments by geographical zone, managing the group’s plants.
- The MGI Coutier Group changes name and becomes AKWEL.