Main responsibilities and duties :
- The Buyer is the first escalation level in case of blocking point with a Supplier.
- For a dedicated region and Material Group, based on guidance given by his/her Director or recommendation by Commodity Lead Buyer (CLB), the Buyer is fully responsible for managing his/her suppliers base on assigned commodities from project phase up to end of life business, including spare parts management.
- The Buyer is in charge to present, explain and collect standard Purchasing documents to the Suppliers and then has the responsibility they are well reported in the Supplier Panel file with accurate data.
- The Buyer optimises purchases within his/her area of responsibility, meets the QCDP targets, follows the Suppliers’ action plan and those within Purchasing standards framework in close coordination with the CLB.
- The Buyer identifies alerts and puts in place actions to reduce the operational risks within his/her area of responsibility and applies escalation process when necessary.
- The Buyer conducts/participates to annual and punctual negotiations with Suppliers.
- He/she is supporting the Operations and the Product Lines through regular formal meetings that may conduct to action plan.
- Depending on his/her level of maturity/seniority, the Buyer may manage more strategic actions/missions.
In project phase, the Buyer:
- Is responsible that all appropriate documents are gathered for managing the RFQ
- Participates to the various reviews with the Project Team when necessary and promotes standards / catalogue parts usage
- Ensures sourcing committee is complete and accurate, including CdC signed, offers synthesis, RASIC when applicable
- Prepares the Supplier Selection Letter for new parts and carry-overs requesting both signature of CLB and himself.
- Issues firm orders for early built parts (prototypes) matching with Project Manager input
- Request the LPA creation when PSW is approved and all the documents available checked by the CLB
In mass production, the Buyer:
- Identifies, reports, and tracks the implementation of productivity actions (product / process) for cost reduction, using technical days and benchmark, those in close coordination with other Departments,
- For most critical topics, supports the Project, Supply Chain, Quality teams to improve supplier performance
- Creates or leads purchasing activities on ECR (Engineering Change Request) piloted by Project Managers
- Update the LPA when necessary
- Follows-up of the charge back and insures that the credit notes are collected
- Participates to the budget construction and communicates the volumes to the Suppliers concerned
- Supports the logistic department for the inventory reduction including the EDI implementation with the Suppliers
The Buyer must work in full compliance with the AKWEL Quality System Management and all documents associated.
The Buyer agrees to act in accordance with the ethical rules of the Group.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree reinforced by 1 / 3 years’ experience minimum in Purchasing in the manufacturing sector.
Personnal and Professionnal abilities:
- Listening, Enthusiasm, Team spirit, Perseverance, Networking, Decision making, Communication
- Multi task abilities & capacity to prioritize
- Purchasing process knowledge :
- Supply base management
- Management of RFQ processes & sourcing
- Contracts management (negotiation, legal,…)
- Project management
- Abilities to organize and coordinate meetings
- Results-oriented, with QCDP mindset
- Knowledge in finance & cash management
- English Fluent, other language used in the perimeter of activity is a plus
- Good IT skills: Office, SAP
- Able to travel in foreign countries
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at: email@example.com or HR department.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into account.