Main responsibilities and DUTIES:
The Buyer is the first escalation level in case of blocking point with a Supplier.
For a dedicated region and Material Group, based on guidance given by his/her Director or recommendation by Commodity Lead Buyer (CLB), the Buyer is fully responsible for managing his/her suppliers base on assigned commodities from project phase up to end of life business, including spare parts management.
The Buyer is in charge to present, explain and collect standard Purchasing documents to the Suppliers and then has the responsibility they are well reported in the Supplier Panel file with accurate data.
The Buyer optimises purchases within his/her area of responsibility, meets the QCDP targets, follows the Suppliers’ action plan and those within Purchasing standards framework in close coordination with the CLB.
The Buyer identifies alerts and puts in place actions to reduce the operational risks within his/her area of responsibility and applies escalation process when necessary.
The Buyer conducts/participates to annual and punctual negotiations with Suppliers. He/she is supporting the Operations and the Product Lines through regular formal meetings that may conduct to action plan.Depending on his/her level of maturity/seniority, the Buyer may manage more strategic actions/missions
Qualifications and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree reinforced by 1 / 3 years’ experience minimum in Commodity Purchasing in the manufacturing sector..
- Listening, Enthusiasm, Team spirit, Perseverance, Networking, Decision making, Communication
- Multi task abilities & capacity to prioritize
- Project management
- Abilities to organize and coordinate meetings
- Knowledge in finance & cash management
- English Fluent, other language used in the perimeter of activity is a plus
- Good IT skills: Office, SAP
- Able to travel in foreign countries
- Deep knowledge and experience in rubbers
- Results-oriented, with QCDP mindset
- Purchasing process knowledge :
- * Supply base management
- * Management of RFQ processes & sourcing
- * Contracts management (negotiation, legal,…)
- Project management
- Desirable updated VISA
|IXTAC /ORIZABA/ JUAREZ PLANT (Mexico)
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at:firstname.lastname@example.org