Main responsibilities and duties:
The Design Engineer, while paying careful attention to risks, is responsible for conducting the design process and developing new products based on the standards, specifications and QCD objectives.
- Oversees and validates the product design in compliance with the business rules.
- May manage one or several projects.
- Manages the functional analysis and product failure mode analysis (FMEA).
- Ensures the application of standards.
- Formalizes the design requirements to our suppliers.
- Presents internally and externally (customers) the adopted technical solutions.
- Is responsible for the design study schedule, the design study budget and the consistency of the product design in relation to the specifications and customer expectations.
- Contributes to maintain and develop the knowledge and expertise within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Takes an active role in technical meetings, project reviews.
- Manages plan developments and ensures the follow-up of existing products.
- Responsible for implementing the overall procedures and operating instructions relevant to Quality, Safety and Environment, within the scope of his/her duties and in compliance with the rules defined by the Group.
Qualifications and Experience: Engineering University degree and 3-years of experience in Engineering, Product Development in the automotive industry
- Proficiency in reliability methodology development tools: Functional analysis, DFMEA, FTA…
- Proficiency in drawing definition and engineering tolerance according to ISO standards.
- Knowledge about CAD work in CATIA V5
- Knowledge about plastics transformation (injection and blow molding)
- Knowledge about automotive development rules is a plus
- Able to work in team and to lead a small group in order to achieve defined objectives
- Able to discuss with customers and suppliers regarding technical matters
- Able to organise his work in order to achieve goal according to time line
- Fluent in English, speaking French is a plus
|Contract type:||CDI -Employment contract for an indefinite period|