Main responsibilities and duties :
- He/she reports to the Product Line Industrialization Manager in Product Line organization. In the absence of the direct line manager, he/she reports to the Product Line Director.
- He/she can be nominated member of the project team as of the launching process in case of need.
- He/she takes an active role in the design of new products in order to ensure the product’s feasibility (Product FMEA, 2D plan reviews…)
- He/she manages the expected tasks in the Quality Plan of the project and elaborates the process standards (Block, FMEA, PDS, Specification,…) by drawing up « blocks » and « standardization and capitalization sheets».
- He/she is responsible for the process consistency in compliance with the specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager, and/or the Product Line Industrialization Manager.
- He/she takes an active role in technical meetings and project reviews.
- He/she may be required to participate in FMEA resources.
- He/she takes an active part, in conjunction with the Process Engineer, in the action plan of product/process adjustment as well as the validation of technical choices of new processes.
- He/she participates in the selection of suppliers of new production resources, monitors the selection process and validates the approval process.
- He/she may be required to move to other manufacturing plants.
- He/she leads the standardisation of know-how process on his/her area of activity and ensures the cross-functional collaboration by analyzing complaints, lessons learned, scrap, etc.
- He/she may have to coach a team of Industrialization Technicians and/or undertake a part of their missions, depending on the project complexity and his/her workload.
- He/she may have to undertake advanced research themes or productivity enhancement projects.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Minimum 4-years of higher education in Technical Science (Engineering or similar)
- Minimum 3-years of active experience in related field. (Especially in plastic injection molding and its downstream processes such as hot plate welding, etc. Metal overmolding is a plus.)
Professional abilities :
- Rigor, autonomy, sense of initiative, creativity, interpersonal skills, respect for confidentiality, effective teamwork skills, 3D visualization skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to persuade.
- Command of office automation systems and MS Office (Portal, PDM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Very Good command of the English language is must.
- No restrictions to travel abroad.
- Strong understanding of plastic material properties, and its processes and testing methods
- Oversee development and implementation of plastic processes, including selection of tool, equipment/machine, parameters and methodologies.
- Train and guide other staff in the proper use of plastic processes and equipments.
- Troubleshoot issues with plastic processes and developing, implementing solutions.
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at: email@example.com or HR department.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into account.