Main responsibilities and duties :
As a member of the Project team, the Industrialization Engineer is appointed as Process Engineer in charge of developing the standards for new types of products and/or technologies on the basis of 2S2D and in compliance with QCD objectives.
Product Design / Industrialization Process
- Member of the Project team as of the launching process.
- Takes active part in the design of new products in order to ensure the product’s feasibility (product FMEA, plan reviews…).
- Manages the expected tasks in the Quality Plan of the project and elaborates the process standards (Block, FMEA, PDS, Specification,…) by drawing up « blocks » and « standardization and capitalization sheets».
- Responsible for the process consistency in compliance with the specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager, and/or the Product Line Industrialization Manager.
- Takes an active role in technical meetings and project reviews.
- May be required to participate in FMEA resources.
- Takes an active part, in conjunction with the Process Engineer, in the action plan of product/process adjustment as well as the validation of technical choices of new processes.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers of new production resources, monitors the selection process and validates the approval process.
- May be required to move to other manufacturing plants.
- Leads the capitalization of know-how process on his/her area of activity and ensures the cross-functional collaboration by analyzing complaints, lessons learned, scrap, etc.
- May have to coach a team of Industrialization Technicians and/or undertake a part of their missions, depending on the project complexity and his/her workload.
- May have to undertake advanced research themes or productivity enhancement projects.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Engineering diploma of Technical type, strengthened by experience in Engineering, Production or Development in the industrial field.
- Strengthened by 3-years of experience in a similar function in automotive industry
Professional abilities :
- Inquisitive mind, analytical and synthetic thinking, rigor, proactive attitude
- Autonomy, strong interpersonal skills, coaching capabilities, responsiveness to field-related technological developments, availability
- Command of office automation packages (Word, Excel, Power point, Collaboration portals, etc.)
- English mandatory, French appreciated.
- Perfect command of engineering procedures and standards Quality systems.
- Very deep engineering is expected on the assembly processes of the metal mechanisms parts of the vehicles. Especially on the separable and unseparable assemblies of the metal to metal and/or metal to plastic components. (riveting, screwing, torquing, tight fitting, ..)
- Very deep understanding of Process FMEA and ability to manage relevant activities (Especially new AIAG FMEA template)
- The ability to think in 3D design and the ability to design of the concept an industrial assembly equipment.
- Having knowledge for at least one of the 3D CAD design software and being guide the CAD designer.
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at: email@example.com or HR department.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into account.