The Project Quality Engineer is the customer representative within the Project team.
Customer representative within the project:
- Verify that the customer expectations are taken into account in the project quality plans, and that the rules defined in the AKWEL quality management system are respected.
- Take part in the project reviews (customer and supplier) and verify that their final statement is consistent with the project status.
- Perform the quality audits related to the Project Management activities of AKWEL, challenge* the analysis and action plans and verify their effective implementation.
AKWEL representative for quality in face of internal and external suppliers:
- Verify that both AKWEL and customer requirements are taken into account and respected, conducting the project activities concerning the development of the supplies with the support of the project team, from the validation of the technical specifications till the product and process validation.
- Perform the quality audits related to AKWEL suppliers, challenge* the analysis and action plans and verify their effective implementation.
- Stop the sourcing committee process if requirements are not satisfied.
Customer representative from an internal point of view:
- Verify that the action plans for the engineering change requests (ECRs) in the launch review, are aligned with customer’s expectations.
- Conduct the validation audits of ECRs, challenge* the analysis and action plans and verify their effective implementation before the closure of the ECR.
- Verify that the relevant customer incidents and other issues are considered and the deadlines are known and respected and are consistent with the 8D database and QRQC.
- Coach and challenge* the team in the application of the AKWEL problem solving tools (8D and project and product line QRQC) and their self-assessment.
Is bound by the duty to alert his/her manager (or the DQSE2) in the case of either risks or deviations with no identified satisfactory solution and with potential impact on either Customer satisfaction, or AKWEL’s reputation or finance with either internal or Supplier or Customer origin. For instance, potential quality incident, failure to control significant characteristics or potential warranty issue.
Must apply all quality procedures and operating instructions within the framework of operations linked to his/her job and the rules defined by the Group.
Agrees to act in accordance with the AKWEL ethical rules (ethics charter) and Code Against Corruption and Influence Peddling. Has a duty to preserve secrecy and confidentiality with respect to all the systems and data to which he/she can be granted access, within the normal framework of his/her function.
(*) Challenge: to ask, to dig and to verify that the answers given fully correspond to both AKWEL and customer expectations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Superior Technical education and/or Quality training (Bachelor and/or master’s degree), strengthened by 5‑years’ experience, preferably in the automotive industry. Previous experience as Quality Engineer in automotive manufacturing plant is a plus.
- Autonomy, organizational abilities and interpersonal skills,
- Synthetic and analytical thinking, integrity, rigor, and tenacity,
- Verbal and written competencies; ability to communicate succinctly the quality standpoint.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, PDM, Portal)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of some other customer language(s), such as French, German, Chinese, are recommended
- Project Development phases, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Technical skills to analyse and understand all technical decisions made by the project team
- IMDS, REACH, conflict minerals and substance declaration
- Functional Analysis and design FMEA
- Risk assessment and process FMEA
- Control Plan and special characteristics, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- 8D problem solving and QRQC approach
- Quality audit, especially those for process audits (based on VDA 6.3, CQI, Run at Rate, capacity…) but also for product audits
- Automotive customer specific requirements (CSR) affecting the entity and special audits (Q1, QSB+, etc…)
- Quality management system standards (IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001…)
|Department :||Product Line|
If you are interested in this role and believe that you meet the requirements, please forward your CV and cover letter at: email@example.com or HR department.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into account.