Main responsibilities and duties :
The Project Quality Engineer is the customer representative within the Project team and, therefore, ensures the respect of the customer’s requirements from the preliminary planning stage until the end of the project.
- Ensures the deployment of customers and AKWEL requirements.
- Supports the Project Manager to define the Quality Plan.
- Fulfills all tasks defined for a PQE in the quality plan (i.e., qualifying audits, Customer PPAP file collecting, Supplier PPAP collecting …).
- Takes part in the project reviews (Customer or Supplier) and ensures that their final statement is consistent with the project status.
- Can participate in the Project Steering Committee (CPP).
- Participates and uses the QRQC approach to alert in case of major risks detected, such as :
- Bias between project status and customer information;
- Product validation tests not OK without customer information ;
- Customer or Supplier specifications violated (i.e., deliveries to customer without Part Submission Warrant (PSW) approved or official waiver, …) ;
- Start of production of new products without formal waiver (concession/derogation) when qualification audit is not approved ;
- Product and process modifications not managed according QSE² rules ;
- Special characteristics not deployed on AWKEL and/or AKWEL Supplier product and process definition and work instructions or omitted special characteristics ;
- Declared customer dissatisfaction ;
- Supplier Quality risk impacting AKWEL and/or AKWEL Customers Satisfaction;
- Any other potential risk identified.
- Ensures the deployment and implementation of Quality tools and AKWEL QSE²MS throughout the project.
- Performs the QSE2 audits (Customer or Pre-production audits) attached to Project Management activities on AKWEL and/or AKWEL Supplier and follows up with the relevant action plans when necessary.
- Responsible for Supplier Process Confirmation of Qualification
- Supports the Product/Process problem solving to use the appropriate tools and measures in collaboration with:
- Product Line team ;
- Manufacturing Plant team in case of problems related to products/processes escalated to the Product Line ;
- Purchasing and AKWEL Supplier team in case of problems related to products / processes escalated to the Product Line.
Could prepare, support and participate in customer assessment, audit or visit.
Qualifications and Experience
- Superior Technical education and/or Quality training (at a University or Technical school), strengthened by 3‑years experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Autonomy, organizational abilities and interpersonal skills ;
- Synthetic and analytical thinking, integrity, rigor, and tenacity ;
- Oral and written competencies; ability to communicate succinctly the quality standpoint ;
- Good IT skills (MS Office, PDM, Portal) ;
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of some other customer language(s), such as French, German, Chinese, are recommended.
- Technical skills: ability to analyze and understand all technical decisions made by the project team ;
- Deep knowledge of Project Development steps, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP);
- Knowledge of Functional Analysis and FMEA (Product, Process, etc.) ;
- Knowledge of core automotive Quality tools, such as: QSE2 audit supports (customer, pre‑production, and/or VD6.3), Control Plan, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Problem-Solving (8D, etc.) approach, QRQC approach ;
- Knowledge of AKWEL QSE²MS for CLI02 and CLI05,
- Knowledge of automotive customer specific requirements affecting the product line;
- Basic knowledge of QSE2 management standards (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, ISO 14001…).